Burns Night calls for a spin on the classic cocktail, the Whiskey Sour, the Scotch Sour, is a great addition to your cocktail repertoire. A simple to make cocktail, this cocktail is the perfect drink for Burns Night. Sadly, the Scotch Sour is often overlooked for a bourbon-based Whiskey Sour. But why not try something different this Burns Night, and try a Scotch Sour instead. Like all Sour cocktails, this cocktail contains raw egg white, but you can leave it out if the thought of raw egg white turns your stomach.
- 60ml Scotch Whisky
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- 15ml Simple Syrup
- 15ml Egg White (if desired)
- Lemon or Orange twist, for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Shake until cool to the touch
- Strain back into the cocktail shaker and dry shake the cocktail (dry shaking means shaking the cocktail without ice)
- Strain into an ice-filled glass
- Garnish with a lemon or orange twist
Generally I prefer just sticking with the regulars like jack and coke or rum and coke but if the occasion arises then its time to rise to the occasion and try something new. This was a unique one out of the three others I tried in January, but those were a beer and another cocktail that were quiet different from this one. The syrup part of this one I assume was for texture and sweetness so if you wanted to leave the syrup to a minimum like say half then you should be fine still.
I will be posting more of these little recipes that are easy to pull off even for not so seasoned person throughout the year. Some will not be great, so naturally use your own sense, you know what you like I cant tell you that.
OK back to the front or is it front to back?